I am a 35 year old wife and mother. I have the two most amazing guys in my life-my husband and son. We currently live in Central Virginia which has been a true culture shock to us all. But we are adjusting.
My love for food is not so much about eating. Food brings people together so many reasons. All I watch on television is Food Network, Food Channel, other shows such as the Chew, Man vs. Food and others. I am intrigued as to how creative you can be with food. Nevertheless, I love to cook and experiment with recipes. I have been cooking since I can remember. I have catered parties, I entertain at home frequently and I like to visit restaurants just to try new things. I am willing to try anything at least once. The irony is, my son is the pickiest eater that I know. He decided at 3 years old that he did not eat meat. He will however eat a chicken nugget but swears they don't come from chickens. He is just now getting to the point where he will lick different food just to get a taste. But nine times out of ten he wont eat it. So his diet really consists of fruit, yogurt, peanut butter and some other things. But he is healthy as can be and is growing like a little weed. He has a high protein diet.
Now my husband and I will try different things all the time especially while we travel. One thing about where we currently, live there is not a lot of ethnic places to dine so I am usually anxious to get of town to try something new. My husband says I have him spoiled though, on an average day he does not like to eat out because he would rather have a home cooked meal. Yes I do cook three meals a day on most days. I try to use as many local and in season products as possible. I also make pretty plates. I think that you eat with your eyes first. So if you ever come and visit you will think you are at a restaurant.
I do one day want to open my own and be known in the culinary world for my food, until then I will blog and continue to cook until my dream comes to fruition. I will cook and test recipes and let my friends be the taste testers so I can perfect what I am doing. I have recently started writing everything down. This is not something I typically do and realized people ask me how to make something and I can not tell them. Oddly enough I can bake savory dishes but not sweet dishes. So I stick to what I know.
This is a simple salad that I made for my husband. Broiled salmon (seasoned with Old Bay and Olive oil), on top of Artisan Lettuces, with cherry tomatoes, boiled eggs, and crumbled gorgonzola. Easy, quick and yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment